Wednesday, November 10, 2010
So much to share and so little time :)
Been getting behind on blogging. I enjoy writing but tend to read other blogs when I should be writing my own but then I always learn something or just enjoy the process of reading and sharing in the lives of others. Right now I was going to do some work (starting to write school reports) but will continue with that a little later. I still have my holiday overseas to share and so much has happened isnce.
In brief here and more in detail next time: (No particular order)
1. Overseas trip in August for around five weeks returned Sept 18th.
2. We went to Dubai (four days) London (8days) Paris on the Eurostar for the day, Uk tour (8days)Bangkok (five days) Pattaya (seven days)
3. Birthdays: Son Peter, daughter Krystal who were both in September and grand daughter Jasmine turned 8 in October. Lily was 2 on Aug 25th which was the day we were in Paris.
4. Alpacas won a first and third at the Burnie Show
5. At Royal Hobart Show animals got one first, four seconds and a third ribbon placings.
6. At Royal Hobart Show I took students who acted as stewards and took part in the junior alpaca handling. They all did a great job.
7. Took students to Brightside Animal Sanctuary for a day excursion
8. At Ulverstone show we took friend Maree and her 2 alpacas with us. We ended up with several including champion adult female and reserve champion adult male as well as reserve adult champion female.
9. Sold a stud male and delivered him to his new owners at Middleton. Lovely people who also breed birds.
10: Visited friend Deb in hospital. She lost her battle with cancer at the age of 52 on October 31st. We went to her funeral on Nov 4th. Met her through my son's partner. Kathryn's parents and Deb and Angus all went to school together. They introduced Deb to Angus. Deb became 'aunty to Kathryn and her brother Andrew. In turn, they became friends with us and included us in all their family functions. 11. Bought 2 hand raised baby cockatiels and have named them Billy and Bobby.
12. Currently have both duck eggs (pekin) and chicken eggs (silkies, salmon faverolles and pekin bantams) incubating. This is being shared with my Animal Study Option students at school.
13. I went to Brisbane for my friend Dee's 50th birthday. She had a 'butterfly ball'. Most of those attending are all ballroom dancers, as Dee herself is.
14. Been looking at my scrapbooking things and thinking about what I will be able to do in the holidays.
15. Planning to go to Gold Coast for a few days next August with Dee and her sister-in-law(who is now a new friend of mine: Helen) and another friend. So a girls holiday which will be nice.
16. The light sussex in the picture below ended up having a ruptured eye and the vet had to euthanase. Brought her home and buried her here. She was 12months old. 17. Still trying to finish reading Eat, Pray, Love. Find it interesting to a point and then it just rattles on too much for me.
18. Andrew, Kathryn's brother announced to us all on facebook that he has just got married in China. His partner is a Chinese girl in her last year of medicine at our University. She is now expecting a baby and she and Andrew went to China to meet her family. They will be back home soon and will have a party here.
19. Younger daughter is in the throes of buying a house and is back living at home. Older daughter and partner Ben have bought land and intend to build.
20. We have planted veggies in the garden and so far have put in tomatoes, basil, chives, strawberries, sweet corn, pumpkin, potatoes, snow peas, lettuce, zucchini and cucumber. 2
21. Attended friend Ronnie's 50th on the night we got back from our trip!
22. Caught up with cousin Elizabeth and hubby Stephen and her beautiful eclectus parrots. (They live in Sydney, spent the day there on our way home from os trip)
23. Took friend Maree clothes shopping and boy did she have fun spending some cash!
24. Found a dress at a shop called "Flower" at Chermside shopping centre in Brisbane
25. Got a tattoo in Thailand of a baby tiger cub. Boy, tattoos really do hurt ,,,been thinking about it for years and now the mid life crisis is here..but seriously it is a reminder of a wonderful time spent feeding baby tiger cubs in Thailand.
and last but not least this weekend I have my 'big; birthday celebrations!
Ciao for now :)